The International Youth Environmental Forum "One Planet – OneFuture" (hereinafter - the Forum) is held within the XIV International Ecological Campaign "Save and Preserve" in accordance with the state program of the Autonomous Okrug "Ensuring environmental safety of the Khanty-Mansiysk Autonomous Okrug - Ugra for 2014 -2020" and state program of the Khanty-Mansiysk Autonomous Okrug – Ugra "Development of civil society of the Khanty-Mansiysk Autonomous Okrug - Ugra for 2016 -2020 "
The Forum brings together participants of major international, Russian and local events:
- ·The IXthInternational Conference of the UNESCO Associated Schools "Ob-Irtysh Basin: the Youth Study and Preserve Natural and Cultural Heritage in the Regions of World Great Rivers" ;
- ·The XIIthe Youth Environmental Forum "Lets Save Ugra's Blooming World".
All delegates of the Forum are members of the program activities (events).
1.1.Founders of the Forum:
- ·Commission of the Russian Federation for UNESCO ;
- ·Government of the Khanty-Mansiysk Autonomous Okrug – Ugra .
1.2.Hosts of the Forum:
- Service on control and supervision in the sphere of nature, wildlife objects protection and forestry affairs of the Khanty-Mansiysk Autonomous Okrug - Ugra;
- Public and External Relations Department of the Khanty-Mansiysk Autonomous Okrug – Ugra;
1.3.Dates of the Forum: 12-16 May, 2016
1.5.Topic of the Forum:"Saving the soil we are saving life on the Planet!".
1.6.Objectives of the Forum:
- ·youth involvement in solving problems in the sphere of environmental protection and preservation of cultural heritage in the regions;
- ·support for young people performing socially useful activity;
- ·encouraging the most active representatives of the environmental movement;
- ·learning the experience of local, inter-regional and international youth environmental organizations and associations in the sphere of environmental activities.
2.Organizing committee of the Forum
2.1.The preparation and holding of the Forum are managed by the Organizing committee.
2.2.The Organizing committee includes the representative of founders and hosts of the Forum.
2.3.The Organizing committee has the following task:
- ·Approves the program, preparation and execution plan of the Forum's events;
- ·Solves all the organizational issues;
- ·Defines the order and amount of funding of the Forum;
- ·Approves the Expert board of the Forum.
2.4.Coordinators of the events:
- ·Gaverdovskaya Ksenia Alexandrovna –the second secretary of the Education Department of the Commission of the Russian Federation for UNESCO;
- ·Kruglova Larisa Vitalievna – head of the Ecological culture development department of the Service on control and supervision in the sphere of nature, wildlife objects protection and forestry affairs of the Khanty-Mansiysk Autonomous Okrug - Ugra, (general management of the organization and holding of the Forum, contact phone number: 8 (3467) 315 -491, KruglovaLV@admhmao.ru);
- ·RishkoVladislavIvanovich – deputy head of the External relations authority of the Public and External Relations Department of the Khanty-Mansiysk Autonomous Okrug – Ugra (organizational issues on cooperation with the Commission of the Russian Federation for UNESCO and visits of the foreign delegations to the Autonomous okrug), contact phone number: 8(3467) 31-81-79, RishkoVI@admhmao.ru);
- ·Semko Lubov Anatolievna - consultant of the Ugra Government, executive bodies and municipal authorities Transparency agency in the Public and External Relations Department of the Khanty-Mansiysk Autonomous Okrug – Ugra (cooperation with media) contact phone number:8(3467) 35-63-13, SemkoLA@admhmao.ru;
- ·Samohvalov Yakov Andreevch - head of department on work with reference groups, expert and advisory bodies in the Public and External Relations Department of the Khanty-Mansiysk Autonomous Okrug – Ugra (organizational issues on cooperation with youth non-governmental organizations) contact phone number: 8(3467) 30-04-97, SamohvalovYA@admhmao.ru;
- ·Digitaeva Natalia Veniaminovna – chief expert of the Ecological culture development department of the Service on control and supervision in the sphere of nature, wildlife objects protection and forestry affairs of the Khanty-Mansiysk Autonomous Okrug – Ugra (land arrangement for participants from the Russian Federation) contact phone number +7 (950) 509-52-42, email@example.com );
2.5. The Forum hosts have a right to create their own executive bodies reporting to the Organizing committee.
3.Participants of the Forum
3.1.The Forum is attended by:
- ·students of the UNESCO Associated Schools ;
- ·upper school students and students of secondary, vocational and higher education;
- ·representatives of the school forestry of the Autonomous okrug;
- ·members of youth organizations of the Autonomous okrug.
3.2.Composition of the official delegation:
- ·50 participants from the municipalities of the Autonomous Okrug (recommended composition of the delegation: 4 people including 1 head of the delegation, a larger number of participants should be agreed with the Organizing committee);
- ·50 participant from the UNESCO Associated Schools:
- 20 participants from the neighbouring countries and beyond (1 participant, 1 head of the delegation)
- 30 participants from the subjects of the Russian Federation (2 participants and 1head of the delegation)
Notes: The number of participants from the subjects of the Russian Federation may be increased according to the received applications.
3.3.Applications for participation in the Forum (see Form in the Annex №1) will be accepted until May 1, 2016 (inclusive) by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
3.4.All participants must have:
- ·medical insurance;
as well as:
- ·folk musical instruments, folk costumes, objects of national culture;
- ·creative performances for evening cultural and entertainment programs of the Forum;
- ·pick-up methodical materials and souvenirs of the city/country;
- ·not less than 10 cards with the image of the city/country for a final campaign "Give a postcard to a friend";
- ·laptop or tablet PC to work at the educational platforms of the Forum;
- ·the heads of delegations should have presentation, resource materials connected to the topic of the Forum, information materials about successful ongoing programs and projects in the sphere of ecology;
- ·warm clothes and shoes (climate in Khanty-Mansiysk is sharply continental and characterized by abrupt changes in weather conditions);
- ·comfortable clothes and shoes to participate in sports activities (including outdoors).
4.Content of the Forum
4.1.The program of the Forum includes:
- ·Opening and Closing ceremonies of the Forum;
- ·plenary session of the International conference of the UNESCO associated Schools "Ob-Irtysh Basin: the Youth Study and Preserve Natural and Cultural Heritage in the Regions of World Great Rivers";
- ·competition of local socially significant environmental projects;
- ·member teams work in the following fields: "Youth Media and Ecology"; "Environmental youth start-ups"; "Foresight of the future"; "About the soil to children";
- ·themed interactives and role-playing;
- ·round-tables, master classes;
- ·cultural and recreational programs, sightseeing, games, sports and creative events.
4.1.1.plenary session of the International conference of the UNESCO associated Schools « The Youth Study and Preserve Natural and Cultural Heritage in the Regions of World Great Rivers"». Event contents: a plenary session with the presentation of projects in the sphere of nature conservation and environmental protection by the UNESCO associated Schools .
Recommendations on projects content and design:
1 part (2 minutes max):
- ·A short summary of the activities of the organization, its activity area and specifics of work in the sphere of environmental protection;
- ·A short summary about the participant, contribution to environmental protection and environmental education activities;
2 part (5 minutes max):
- ·Identification and justification of the relevance of the problem to be solved within the project;
- ·Purpose and scope of the project;
- ·Project implementation arrangement;
- ·Project staffing;
- ·Expected and obtained results of the project;
- ·Performance evaluation of the project;
- ·Potential and possibility of translation into other areas;
The Russian and English languages are working languages of the plenary session. An interpreter is going to work during the presentation .
˗Each UNESCO associated school can present just one project.
˗ Technical requirements for their presentation should be specified in the application.
˗ Evaluation criterion for the presentations:
- ·presentation design;
- ·wealth of information;
- ·consistency of work performed in the sphere of environmental protection of the country, region, locality;
- ·completeness, reliability of the presented data;
- ·personal participation of the contestant in the implementation of projects;
- ·ability to answer the questions.
4.1.2.Contest of socially significant environmental projects.
The contest is held according to a separate Regulation for the Forum participants from municipalities of the Autonomous okrug. The principle directions of educational platforms (participants of the forum gathered into 5 groups work on)
«Laboratory of design options» is educational and discussion platforms dedicated to the following topic: "Saving the fertile soil of the planet." Participants discuss the relationship between a person and place where he\she lives. They get acquainted with the concept that the fertile soil is a basis of human civilization where the interaction with the land and agriculture became an entry point to the present. After that they switch to the actual problems of its degradation and multiple causes. Work in the laboratory will be performed in the following areas:
-"Media content among young people dedicated to the use of soil resources." The result is the plan of the related media materials for the translation into the youth mass.
-"Environmental youth start-ups". Discussion and preparation of ideas to create a socially responsible business in the sphere of environment including international cooperation.
-“Foresight of the future”. Participants work on future development scenarios of possible negative and positive aspects. The result is the presentation of the profile of the future of the Earth. The scenario of inactivity is compared with the scenario of a conscious approach to soil resources.
-“About the soil to children". Discussion of the specifics of this topic and preparation of the educational material for kids (heads are also involved). The result is a design of an informal educational program for children with a possibility of further use in teaching.
4.1.3.Sightseeing and entertainment programs, Opening and Closing ceremonies of the Forum.
A separate plan of the organizers.
4.2. Forum content can be changed in agreement with the Organizing committee depending on number of participants and weather conditions. Changes may relate to those events that do not require any preparatory work of the delegations.
5.The Expert board of the Forum
5.1.The Expert board of the Forum is formed and approved by the Organizing committee and it determines and approves the Chairman of the Expert board.
5.2.The Expert board includes:
- ·Experts of the Russian Committee of the UNESCO Programs;
- ·Researchers, scientists, focused specialists in the sphere of ecology, nature conservation and environmental protection;
- ·Heads of institutions in the sphere of ecology and culture;
- ·Heads of executive and legislative authorities, public associations.
5.3.Based on the Forum results the Expert board determines:
- ·5 best projects of the UNESCO associated schools;
- ·5 best projects of the local contest of socially significant environmental projects;
- ·5 most active participants of the Forum based on team work (1 per each);
- ·5 most active participants of the Forum's events (children/ heads).
- ·5 best creative presentations of the countries / entities from the delegations;;
Additionally awarded with diploma:
- ·4 best practical solutions of the Forum in education (see. 4.1.3.), 4 small groups of 3 people in each are awarded
5.4. The results are determined with the help of a closed system.
5.5. In case of equal number of votes the Chairman of the Expert board is entitled to use a second vote.
5.Distribution of awards
5.5. The prize fund is determined by the Organizing committee of the Forum.
5.6.The Organizing committee establishes the prizes for winners and diplomas as well as certificates of the participants of the International Forum..
5.7.The Forum founders, sponsors and media have a right to establish their own prizes but should inform the Organizing committee.
6.The Forum funding
6.5.Funding for the organization and holding of the Forum is provided by the Service on control and supervision in the sphere of nature, wildlife objects protection and forestry affairs of the Khanty-Mansiysk Autonomous Okrug - Ugra and Public and External Relations Department of the Khanty-Mansiysk Autonomous Okrug – Ugra within the state programs.
6.6.The costs associated with travel of delegates from non-CIS countries and CIS countries (to the venue and back), meals, accommodation, participation in the events, transfer services in Khanty-Mansiysk during the events are covered by the host party.
6.7.The travel expenses to the conference of the participants from the municipalities of the Autonomous Okrug, subjects of the Russian Federation are covered by the sending party. The costs associated with meals, accommodation, participation in the events are covered by the host party.
7.1. Information support of the events in the media of the Autonomous Okrug. Children television studio PTRC "Ugra" takes part in every event of the Forum.
Responsible person: Vera Viktorovna Tsareva, Deputy Director - Head of the Public authorities transparency agency in the Public and External Relations Department of the Khanty-Mansiysk Autonomous Okrug – Ugra, contact phone number: +7 (3467) 33-17-98, TcarevaVV@admhmao.ru
for participation in the International Youth Environmental Forum
«One Planet – One Future!»
Khanty-Mansiysk, 12-16 May, 2016
First name, given names (in full)
Title in the delegation (participant, head)
Passport (series and number, date of issue and issuing authority)
Home address, phone number
Date of birth ( day, month, year)
Place of work, study
Title of environmental association the participant represents
Date and time of arrival, transport mode
Date and time of departure, transport mode
Sending organization ________________________________________________________________________________________________
Hereby acknowledge, that the head and members of the delegation are aware of the full text of the Regulation on the Forum, and and of terms and conditions correspond to the Regulation.
I agree on processing of personal data
First name, given names of the head of the sending organization, signatures, seal
* The application form should be filled in Russian or English, all the headings are obligatory