Round Table Ideas.
Strengthening the Capacity of Educators at All Education Levels
as part of the international conference on education for sustainable development
Khanty-Mansiysk, June 2015
On 8–11 June 2015, Khanty-Mansiysk will host an international conference on education for sustainable development which will include a round-table discussion on “Strengthening the Capacity of Educators at All Education Levels”.
Moderator: Sergey Goncharov, First Vice-Rector, Chairholder of the UNESCO Chair at the Herzen State Pedagogical University of Russia, member of the Coordination Committee of UNESCO Chairs in the Russian Federation.
in accordance with the Global Action Programme on ESD adopted on the UNESCO World Conference on ESD (Japan, November 2014), to discuss lines of work on scaling up and strengthening educators’ capacities at all education levels for sustainability, facilitating innovative development of sustainable education systems within the goals of the conference, advancing political dialogue and implementing the “Educators” priority area of the ESD Programme.
in accordance with agreements between the participants of the World Education Forum (Republic of Korea, May 2015) on post-2015 education goals,
- to present and analyse progress / unfinished projects of the Decade in terms of ESD training and preparedness of educators at all education levels;
- to establish key domains, problem areas and priority action areas for strengthening the innovative capacity of educators making a concrete contribution to the post-2015 ESD agenda;
- to summarise examples of the best practice which allow to forecast generation and scale-up of educators’ capacities at all levels and in all areas of ESD;
- to identify partnership networks and stakeholders capable of providing participative interaction for generating and support of a new type of educators in the ESD system.
Plan to fulfil the objectives:
1. Opening speech by the moderator Sergey Goncharov: Post-2015 Line of Strengthening the Capacity of ESD Educators.
2. Questions for discussion:
1. ESD progress and unfinished projects as a strategic potential for development of professional individuals and educators’ activities in the context of the post-2015 Global Action Programme on ESD
2. Foresight and modelling of staff capacity of educators at all education levels for implementation of different ESD scenarios in the context of the global systemic crisis and new global challenges
3. New competence-based model for educators and mobilisation of their worldview capacity for reorientation of ESD systems, increased opportunities and ESD availability to all at global, regional and national level
4. Ways and technologies of enhancement of educators’ teaching and communication capacity at all stages and in all forms of training / retraining for further enhancement of ESD methodological framework, development of new teaching methods and profiles which are interdisciplinary in terms of content and crosscutting in terms of integration
5. Scale-up and unlocking professional capacities of educators for organising and carrying out planning and achievement of quality ESD results at all levels and in all areas of teaching
6. Generating and strengthening of teaching potential of educators representing a new type of specialists on sustainable development and its generation in non-teaching professionals as part of institutionalisation of the key ESD area, namely the system of pedagogical education
7. Experience of academic mobility, networking between UNESCO chairs and programme sectors as an intellectual resource for developing educators’ research potential and conduct of international comparative studies of sustainable results
8. The contribution of civil institutions to development of educators’ creative potential and successful socialisation of students based on sustainable development values and increase of teaching process effectiveness
9. Building new effective models for business and education interaction as a tool to increase creative potential and achieve sustainable results
10. Scale-up of innovative, value and personal potential of educators and all individuals capable of starting changes in sustainability for spiritual development of students’ personality, augmenting polycultural dialogue and ensuring humanitarian safety of ESD implementation
11. Calling public attention to individuals taking part in innovative ESD processes as to an essential and relevant part of creating future innovative environment via mass media
12. Development of recommendations on education policy and strategies of implementation of the “Educators” priority area of the Global Action Programme on ESD.
3. Questions and discussions of the issues in question.
4. Discussions of the final document.