UNESCO has the authority to develop and adopt international universal normative documents in the social sciences and humanities.
- Convention against Doping in Sport (1 February 2007).
- Recommendation on the Status of Scientific Researchers (20 November 1974).
- Declaration on Race and Racial Prejudice (November 27, 1978).
- Declaration on the Responsibilities of the Present Generations Towards Future Generations (12 November 1997).
- Universal Declaration on the Human Genome and Human Rights (November 11, 1997).
- Declaration on Science and the Use of Scientific Knowledge (July 1, 1999).
- International Declaration on Human Genetic Data (October 17, 2003).
- Universal Declaration on Bioethics and Human Rights (19 October 2005)