The preservation of interethnic and interreligious harmony, the creation of conditions for peaceful co-existence in mutual respect of various cultures and ethnic groups – this is an urgent task for us today.
The General Conference of UNESCO appointed Audrey Azoulay (France) to the post of Director-General of the Organization. Ms Azoulay was nominated on 13 October to take the place of outgoing Director-General Irina Bokova (Bulgaria) by UNESCO’s Executive Board.
Also in the topic:
- In Petersburg, there will be established International Center of Competencies under patronage of UNESCO
- Russian Foreign Ministry Spokeswoman M.V. Zakharova: about the position of UNESCO on restoring Palmyra
- The L'Oréal-UNESCO "For Women in Science" fellowship granted to Russian
- On the memorial event dedicated to the 75th anniversary of the defeat of the Nazi troops at the Battle of Stalingrad
- Speech by Ms Olga Vasilieva, the head of the Russian delegation at the 39th session of UNESCO General Conference
- Medinsky believes that five more objects of Russia will be included in the UNESCO list in 7-8 years to come