The 40th session of the UNESCO General Conference opened in Paris on November 12. The Russian delegation is led by Minister of Science and Higher Education Mikhail Kotyukov. He will speak during the general political discussion and take part in a high-level meeting on inclusion and mobility in higher education.
Remarks by the Head of the Delegation of the Russian Federation to UNESCO and Permanent Delegate of the Russian Federation to UNESCO Alexander Kuznetsov at the 207th Session of the UNESCO Executive Board
"The mandate of UNESCO, an organisation whose official goal is to strengthen the intellectual and moral solidarity of humankind, remains unprecedentedly popular. UNESCO can and should contribute to overcoming the international community’s disunity."
"The accession of the Soviet Union gave UNESCO a truly universal nature and expanded its capabilities in effectively addressing important international cultural and humanitarian issues. Today, our interaction with UNESCO remains an example of a mutually enriching partnership".
Also in the topic:
- Meeting of Russian President Vladimir Putin with UNESCO Director-General Audrey Azoulay
- On the opening ceremony of the International Year of the Periodic Table of Chemical Elements-2019
- On the opening of the International Year of Indigenous Languages at UNESCO
- The Periodic Table of Chemical Elements: a window on the universe
- Foreign Affairs Spokesperson Maria Zakharova on Safety of Journalists, December 19, 2018.
- On the roundtable at the Russian Foreign Ministry on freedom of expression in the digital environment